Making the complexities of public finance simple for clients
Bridgette Keating is an experienced public finance lawyer who handles hundreds of financings each year for municipalities throughout Wisconsin. Serving as bond counsel, she advises on:
- General obligation and revenue financings
- Tax incremental financing districts and other economic development matters
- Federal tax aspects of tax-exempt municipal financing
Dedicated to making the borrowing process as easy and simple as possible for her clients, Bridgette works to get acquainted with the unique needs of each client and develops practical, tailor-made financing solutions.
Experience in Action
- Serving as bond counsel and advising Wisconsin municipalities with respect to all of their borrowing needs, including general obligation and revenue financings.
- Advising Wisconsin municipalities regarding tax incremental financing districts and other economic development matters, including development agreements.
- Serving as bond counsel to Wisconsin municipalities utilizing state and federal public utility financing programs, including USDA-Rural Development financing.
- Serving as bond counsel for bonds sold in the capital markets that pledge solely tax increment revenues.
- Serving as bond counsel to intergovernmental cooperation commissions to finance regional projects such as fire stations, landfills and sanitary sewer systems.
Professional & Civic Activities
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Director, Wisconsin Public Policy Forum
- Wisconsin Association of School Attorneys
- Government Finance Officers Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
News & Insights
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2005)
- Marquette University Law Review (Associate Editor, 2004-2005). CALI Award for Excellence (Constitutional Law, 2002; Legislation, 2003; Real Estate Finance and Development, 2004; Federal Taxation of Partnerships & S Corporations, 2004; Federal Taxation of Estates and Gifts, 2004).
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.B.A., 1992)