Empathetic, candid and collaborative trusts and estates counsel
Brooke Benzio counsels clients on estate planning, wealth preservation and estate and trust administration. She supports clients across the spectrum of their lives, with a sincere focus on what makes each situation unique, from young families and business owners to recent retirees and those with multi-generational wealth. Brooke advises individuals and families on a variety of personal matters, including:
- Structuring plans to manage sensitive circumstances.
- Gift and estate tax consequences.
- Post-death administration.
- Caring for loved ones with special needs.
The key professional principles that guide Brooke are empathy, candor and collaboration with clients and colleagues.
Experience in Action
- Counseling clients regarding the design and preparation of primary estate planning documents such as wills, revocable trusts and advance financial and health care directives, including powers of attorney and living wills.
- Utilizes gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax strategies such as qualified personal residence trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts and irrevocable life insurance trusts to assist clients in preserving familial wealth and mitigating transfer taxes.
- Assisting clients in structuring lifetime and testamentary charitable gifts for maximum benefit to the client and their charitable beneficiaries.
- Utilizes judicial and non-judicial trust modification, decanting and other related techniques to assist clients in updating estate plans whose functionality has been undermined by time or changes in laws and circumstances.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Collier County Bar Association, member
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section, member
- The Florida Bar, Tax Law Section, member
- The Florida Bar, Elder Law Section, member
- Florida Tech Scott Center for Autism Treatment, An Evening of Hope Fundraising and Event Planning Committee member (2019, 2022)
- Community Foundation for Brevard Grant Review Committee, member
- 18th Judicial Circuit High School Mock Trial Competition attorney coach, Viera High School (2019)
- Indian River Estate Planning Council, board member (2018-2019)
News & Insights
- John Marshall Law School, now University of Illinois-Chicago Law (LL.M., with honors, 2019)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Certificate in Health Law from the Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy
- Honors-At-Entrance Scholar
- Florida State University (B.S., 2005)
- Degree: Political Science with minors in Economics and Anthropology.
- U.S. Tax Court