Experienced guidance on domestic and international tax and wealth management matters
Chelsea Hunter advises families, individuals, family offices and fiduciaries in connection with tax and estate planning matters, with a focus on international tax planning and global wealth management. Her experience includes:
- Cross-border and cross-generational transfers of wealth
- Treaty planning
- Pre-immigration and mobility planning
- Estate planning
- Trust and estate administration
- Tax controversy resolution
Experience in Action
- Advising individuals and families on international tax matters, including cross-border and cross-generational transfers of wealth, treaty planning and estate planning.
- Advising on U.S. tax considerations related to foreign trusts, including anti-deferral rules, reporting obligations and developing tax efficient structures.
- Drafting trust and estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualifying domestic trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts, charitable trusts, insurance trusts and special needs trusts.
- Advising and conducting estate administration.
- Representing clients in tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Preparing and reviewing individual, gift and estate tax returns.
News & Insights
- Presentation"COVID-19 Revenue Raisers: Status Update on Tax Measures/Reform in North America and EMEA"Baker McKenzie Webinar
- Presentation"Planning for Resilience: Private Wealth and Business Contingency Planning in Times of Crisis"Baker McKenzie Webinar
- Presentation"IRA Trust Strategies"LawPracticeCLE
- Presentation"Trusts 101"LawPracticeCLE
- Article"Planning for Foreign Investment in the U.S."West LegalEdcenter
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 2016)
- NSU Shepard Broad College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- Ave Maria University (B.A., 2010)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Tax Court