Compassionate legal support for all aspects of adoption
Cheryl Payne advises families – parents, stepparents, grandparents and other family relatives – on all aspects of adoption law. She provides the legal education, guidance and services they need to successfully adopt newborns, toddlers and adults. Cheryl primarily helps bring children from outside Florida into their new homes in the state. She is experienced in dealing with the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children for crossing state lines, as well as adoption involvement with the Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978.
Cheryl has established an extensive and successful track record, largely because of the immeasurable passion, empathy and compassion – in addition to legal protection -- she provides Florida’s adoptive parents throughout the family-building process.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Collier County Bar Association (Member)
- Collier County Women's Bar Association (Member)
- The Florida Bar (Member)
- Florida Adoption Council (Member)
- Sigma Theta Tau (Member)
- Phi Delta Phi (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- National Association of Nurses (Member)
- National Association of School Nurses (Member)
- Florida Association of School Nurses (Member)
She has authored an article published in the AORN Journal pertaining to infertility, and appeared in a final segment on "ABC Nightly News" for National Adoption Day in 2016.
- Featured, "Q&A with Cheryl Payne, attorney at Quarles & Brady," news-press.com, March 7, 2013
News & Insights
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 1992)
- Trial Advocacy Society. ABA/LSD. Florida Bar IOTA Public Service Fellow. Stetson Law Journal. Phi Delta Phi.
- Pennsylvania State University (BSN, high distinction, 1987)
- Degree: Nursing.
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 1976)
- Degree: Biology.