Passionate and experienced litigation counsel
Christian Yingling uses her experience in complex civil litigation to counsel clients in litigation avoidance best practices and, in instances where litigation is unavoidable, to provide her clients with a critical edge. Her significant trial experience includes drafting pleadings; drafting motions such as motions to compel, motions for sanctions and pleas in bar; conducting intake interviews and conflicts determinations; conducting settlement and mediation discussions; interfacing with clients; drafting discovery requests and responses; arguing motions before the court; and managing cases throughout all stages of litigation.
Experience in Action
- Drafts position statements in response to charges made to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Assists in drafting and editing contracts, including settlement agreements and separation agreements, as well as drafting, reviewing and updating employment handbooks, policies and contracts.
- Advises employers on conducting internal audits and reviews of employment eligibility verification (Form I-9) documents that must be retained in connection with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
- Helps clients navigate the impacts of COVID-19 on their business operations and employees, including guidance on employee safety; reductions in force, furloughs and layoffs; family and medical leave due to COVID or childcare interruptions; return-to-work issues, including temperature testing; and more.
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly, Up & Coming Lawyers Class of 2022
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, member
- Fairfax Bar, member
- Northern Virginia Black Attorneys Association, member
- Northern Virginia Women's Attorney Association, member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, member
- Young Trial Lawyers Section, Leadership Committee member
Honorable Stephen C. Shannon of the Fairfax County Circuit Court, Judicial law clerk, 2016-2017
News & Insights
- Media Mention
- News Release
- News Release
- George Mason University School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Member of George Mason’s Trial Advocacy Association, winning the 2015 Thacher Intramural Competition and the Curran and Whittington Scholarship in Trial Advocacy.
- Regional semi-finalist in the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Trial Advocacy Competition
- Regional semi-finalist at the American Association of Justice Competition
- Member of the National Security Law Journal
- George Mason University (B.A., 2007)
- Editor-in-Chief of the university’s student newspaper
- Executive Editor of Student Medianews website
- Founding Editor of MasonVotes(George Mason’s political news website)
- Published by The New York Times
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia