Business law attorney specializing in privately held business M&A
Chal Little represents a variety of business entities and their owners, including private equity funds and their portfolio companies as well as other privately held businesses and individuals. His advice primarily centers on:
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Private equity investments, including private offerings and related securities law compliance
- Choice of entity, entity formation and governance matters
- Commercial contracts
Chal guides clients through transactions as small as $300,000 and as large as $800 million. His clients include businesses in the roofing, manufacturing, automotive, food products, packaging, financial services, health care, information technology and sales training industries. In addition to his business law background, Chal has experience advising small business (particularly S corporations) in tax, real estate and regulatory health care matters.
Experience in Action
- Represents private equity clients in acquisitions and divestitures of companies. Private equity firms expect sophistication and efficiency from their counsel, which Chal delivers through tailored advice and prompt attention to client matters.
- Represents U.S. companies with foreign acquisitions and foreign companies in their acquisitions in the U.S. Chal has both buy and sell side cross-border transaction experience.
- Negotiates of representation and warranty insurance (RWI) policies. Chal has experience on both the buy and sell side, helping clients navigate the entire process from quote to policy negotiation to binding the policy at closing.
- Counsels clients on buying or selling an S corporation, which require special attention. Chal has vast experience representing buyers and sellers in S corporation acquisitions, including post-acquisition liquidation and reorganization (S inversion) transactions.
- Represents small business owners involved in ownership disputes. Disputes among business owners can get ugly and Chal navigates not only the legal and business issues, but also the emotional issues that can be hurdles to resolution.
- Drafts service agreements, supply agreements and numerous other commercial contracts for clients. Chal’s experience acting as outside general counsel to privately held businesses has provided a depth of experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Assisted a U.S. client in completion of an $800 million acquisition of a foreign company.
- Represented a packaging company in the add-on acquisition.
- Represented owner in sale of majority interest in S corporation ($100 million dollar transaction valuation).
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch," Business Organizations (2022-2023:including LLCs and Partnerships, Real Estate Law, 2023: Mergers and Acquisitions Law)
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, member
News & Insights
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Concordia University Wisconsin (B.A., 2009)