Improving client service through technology and analytics
Chris Emerson leads the firm's embrace of innovative technologies and processes such as improved workflows and automation, machine learning and dashboards. He helps the firm’s attorneys and their clients use technology, processes and data analytics to improve the delivery and client experience of legal services. Through his work, Chris focuses on:
- Improving the delivery and client experience of the firm's legal services, including successfully working with client legal operation and procurement groups to improve client outcomes.
- Overseeing the firm's pricing and matter budgeting functions.
- Ensuring the firm's attorneys are better positioned to provide counsel that fully understands the challenges companies experience in legal operations and how to respond to those client needs more effectively, whether that entails different pricing and service models, dashboards that quantify trends and drive insights into preventive law opportunities, or a combination of tools and legal service better designed to meet their needs.
- Guiding clients on operationalizing areas such as contract management, portfolio litigation, real estate asset management, acquisition and divestitures, regulatory advice and matter management.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Legal Value Network’s Council of Luminaries and its 2021 and 2022 conference committees, member
- Previously held multiple roles with the International Legal Technology Association
News & Insights
- Webinar4th Annual Managing Law Firm Profitability, Pricing and Data Analytics Conference
- Presentation"4th Annual Managing Law Firm Profitability, Pricing and Data Analytics Conference"Virtual Webinar
- Presentation“Building Sustainable Data Analytics Into Your Department’s Operations"LMA Tech West Conference (Webinar)
- Presentation"Managing Law Firm Profitability"Sandpiper Partners' Pricing & Data Analytics Conference (Webinar)
- Media Mention
- News Release
- News Release
- Article"How Data is Used in Firms"Thomson Reuters Forum Magazine
- “Opportunities in Working with Portfolios of Legal Work”American Bar Association
- University of Missouri-St. Louis (M.B.A.)
- Lindenwood University (B.A.)