Comprehensive tax, securities and general corporate law guidance
Courtney Hollander focuses on tax matters, securities and general corporate law. She advises public and private business and individual taxpayer clients regarding international, federal, and state and local tax (SALT) matters. In addition to advising taxpayer clients, Courtney has authored ABA Tax Section comments in response to treasury regulations interpreting the Internal Revenue Code.
She is an Investment Adviser Certified Compliance Professional (IACCP) who works with investment advisory firms and their representatives, advising on SEC and state compliance matters and assisting firms with their strategic growth initiatives. Courtney also assists business clients regarding Regulation D and state blue sky provisions in connection with capital raises.
Experience in Action
- Works with clients regarding international and domestic tax matters, including evaluating cross-border planning considerations for domestic and foreign entities and representing clients in LB&I controversies before the IRS. Courtney also assists with the overall tax structure of a transaction, planning considerations in connection with mergers and acquisitions, as well as with post-closing integration tax matters. Her tax controversy experience includes issues related to foreign tax credits, unreported income, penalty mitigation and charitable deductions.
- Prepares expert witness reports, including analysis of Treasury Circular 230 considerations.
- Advises on minimum contacts analysis at the state level and has worked with clients regarding voluntary disclosure agreements. Courtney has successfully advocated for clients before the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and the Wisconsin Tax Appeals Commission.
- Best Lawyers in America® (2024: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Tax Law)
News & Insights
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 2022)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D.)
- Ripon College (A.B.)
- U.S. Tax Court