Real estate services for various commercial properties
Damon McCormick provides solution-oriented advice on a wide range of real estate matters, including complex commercial leases, acquisitions and dispositions, sale-leaseback transactions, M&A transactions, renewable energy projects and partnership and joint venture agreements. From negotiating terms, drafting transaction documents and driving a smooth and successful closing process, Damon finds practical paths forward for each unique transaction. Damon works closely with clients to understand their real estate and other business needs in order to further the success of his clients.
Experience in Action
- Drafting and negotiating complex commercial lease agreements, representing both owners and tenants of retail, office, health care and industrial properties across the nation.
- Representing owners, sellers and tenants in sale leaseback transactions, including purchase, leasing and institutional financing.
- Negotiating and drafting complex limited liability company operating agreements, partnership and joint venture agreements for real estate projects and investments, including representing sponsors and developers in partnerships with institutional investors.
- Analyzing, drafting and negotiating documentation related to real estate, development and renewable energy projects, including purchase agreements, diligence materials, title and survey, and customary closing documents.
- Served as real estate counsel for a public university’s acquisition of one of a region’s largest health care operators.
- Represented a national investment firm in its acquisition and investment in real estate parcels located across the country.
- Represented a buyer in the multi-million-dollar purchase of an 11-floor office building in downtown Louisville, Ky.
- Represented a buyer in the $13 million purchase of a 72 unit assisted living facility.
- Represented a seller in the $5 million sale of industrial manufacturing facilities.
- Represented a bank in a $29 million term loan transaction with a restaurant operator borrower secured by mortgages on 19 properties in six different states.
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2022, 2023, 2024: Real Estate Law)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Kentucky Bar Association, Real Property Section, member
News & Insights
- University of Louisville (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- Valparaiso University (B.S., 2011)