Extensive commercial real estate counsel across various developments
Daniel Kaminsky guides clients through complex real estate developments and commercial real estate transactions. He regularly works on matters involving sales and acquisitions, leases, finance, construction and architect contracts, zoning and land use, and entity formation. Daniel represents a variety of clients, in particular those who are acquiring and developing:
- Retail properties
- Industrial facilities
- Health care properties
- Multi-family residential developments
Experience in Action
- Serves as primary counsel for owners and developers in connection with the development and construction of multifamily, industrial and mixed-use developments – more than $500 million in combined value to date. Daniel counsels these clients on acquisition and financing, structuring entities and private placement offerings to investors, construction and design contract negotiation, complex title work, entitlements and tax incremental financing (TIF).
- Advises real estate owners on the acquisition and disposition of leased-up property. His experience in this area includes private real estate funds in approximately $125 million dollars of medical office building acquisitions across the United States.
- Represents commercial landlords and commercial tenants in lease negotiations.
- Represented multifamily development located in Kenosha County, Wis., which included a complex assemblage of approximately 30 acres of land from multiple sellers.
- Primary counsel for approximately 250-unit multifamily development located in Kane County, Ill.
- Advisor for mixed-use development located in the downtown of a first-ring suburb of Milwaukee, which included an assemblage of approximately two acres of land from multiple sellers; phased demolition of prior structures; negotiations related to lease terminations for multiple commercial users, including a major financial institution; and submission of the property to the condominium form of ownership.
- Landlord representation in lease negotiations with national corporations.
- Tenant representation for approximately 7,000 square feet of space in an office tower in Milwaukee.
- Landlord representation in connection with an approximately 157,000 square foot mixed-use industrial/office, build-to-suit development located in a large industrial park in Milwaukee.
- Landlord representation in connection with an approximately 65,000 square foot mixed-use industrial/office, build-to-suit development located in Waukesha County, Wis.
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" (2009-2013: Real Estate Law)
- Best Lawyers in America® (2018-2022, 2024: Real Estate Law)
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, member
- Commercial Association of REALTORS Wisconsin (CARW,) member
- NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Wisconsin Chapter, member
- Alumni Board of Marquette University High School, former member
- Elmbrook Youth Hockey Association, former board member, president and coach
- Marquette University High School Jr. Hilltopper Football, coach
News & Insights
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (B.A.)