Worldwide pharma and biotech patent portfolio counsel
Darla Graff helps innovative companies protect their discoveries. With a background in biochemistry and 20 years of intellectual property (IP) law experience, she advises pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector clients on the strategic development of patent portfolios. She has extensive worldwide patent prosecution experience in the areas of:
- Molecular biology, chemistry and biochemistry
- Pharmaceutical products and methods
- Plant genetic engineering and fermentation
- Lipid biology
- Therapeutic and diagnostic methods
Darla works closely with clients to assess the current value of their IP assets and the trajectory of their business and IP development. From this base, she crafts patent prosecution, protection and management strategies to grow the value of patent portfolios.
Experience in Action
- Crafting strategic patent prosecution and portfolio development strategies for inventors and companies in the life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and chemical arts sectors.
- Representing generic pharmaceutical clients in the preparation of invalidity and non-infringement opinions supporting Paragraph IV certification under the Hatch-Waxman Act.
- Conducting freedom-to-operate, patentability and patent portfolio analyses.
Best Lawyers in America® (2019: Intellectual Property)
News & Insights
- University of Colorado Boulder Colorado Law (J.D., 2000)
- University of Colorado Law Review, Technical Production Editor
- University of Colorado Boulder (Ph.D., 1995)
- Purdue University (B.S., 1989)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office