Seasoned employment law and compliance guidance
Denise Brucker helps clients avoid employment law and compliance claims and limit exposure when they occur. She regularly advises management and HR on effective strategies for complying with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as resolving the many challenging issues and conflicts that can arise in managing a workforce. Denise helps a variety of clients on:
- Employment disputes
- Employment law counseling
- Corporate compliance programs
Denise has a passion for helping businesses achieve their operational objectives while successfully mitigating legal and practical risks. She draws from her extensive experience in private practice as both an employment litigator and transactional attorney, as well as a decade of experience working as senior in-house employment counsel and chief compliance officer for a global, publicly traded company.
Experience in Action
- Helps clients navigate all types of issues related to hiring, employee relations and misconduct, leaves of absence and disability accommodations, compensation and benefits, internal complaints of unlawful conduct, and terminations and mass layoffs.
- Works with clients to create effective and clear policies, procedures and communications, as well as employment contracts and agreements that protect the organization's business interests.
- A certified compliance and ethics professional, she advises clients in the design, implementation and management of corporate compliance programs to support strong cultures of ethics and compliance, manage risk and enhance company performance.
- Provides clients with tailored employee communications and training programs on a wide variety of employment law and compliance topics.
- Northeastern University (J.D., 1997)
- University of California, San Diego (B.A., cum laude, 1992)
- Major: Sociology
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, All Districts of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- California State Courts