Employment litigation representation with Navy JAG experience
Doug Ottenwess represents public and private employers in all areas of labor and employment litigation. He advocates for employers on a variety of matters, including:
- Claims for wrongful termination
- Wage and hour violations in both the single plaintiff and class action context
Doug served as a Navy JAG for 10 years in multiple roles. As a client advocate, he represented sailors as defense counsel at felony level courts martial and earned substantial post-conviction and interlocutory relief for clients on appeals to the Navy-Marine Corps Court of Appeals and Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. Doug also has extensive experience advising clients. He served as staff legal advisor at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Ga., and for Naval Special Warfare Command in Coronado, Calif.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Clerked for the Hon. Roger T. Benitez, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Staff legal advisor at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Georgia and for Naval Special Warfare Command in Coronado, California.
News & Insights
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 2010)
- Grand Valley State University (B.A., 2007)
- Political Science
- California State Courts
- Colorado State Courts
- Michigan State Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court