Diligent, experienced employment law advisement and defense
Eric Fox is an employment litigator who has experience ranging from advising clients to defending them at trial and on appeal. He has extensive experience working on discrimination, harassment and other FEHA claims. Eric also helps his clients with Title VII allegations and FMLA and CFRA claims. He represents employers in all stages of employment litigation, including:
- Fair Employment and Housing Act claims
- Wage and hour litigation
- Class actions
- Private Attorney General Act claims
Experience in Action
- Advises clients on compliance related to California and Federal labor laws, questions regarding employee matters and drafting employee handbooks.
- Drafts pleadings, dispositive motions, discovery requests and responses, mediation briefs and arbitration briefs.
- Defending clients at trial, arbitration, administrative hearings, personnel boards and other evidentiary hearings.
- Investigations into employee allegations and misconduct.
- Full defense verdict in arbitration trial regarding staffing agency prevailing against multiple plaintiff’s allegations of whistleblower retaliation, sexual harassment and wrongful termination.
- Unanimous published appellate decision upholding a public entity’s separation of employee.
- Prevailed on demurrer dismissing against public entity regarding allegations of sexual harassment, retaliation and disability discrimination.
- Prevailed on denial of class certification for wage and hour litigation of construction workers.
- Prevailed on denial of class certification for hostile work environment, gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Defense verdict at state personnel board upholding discipline against employee.
News & Insights
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- University of California, Davis (B.A., with honors, 2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California