Experienced IP support in all stages of preparation and prosecution
Gerlida Carter focuses on various aspects of patent law, including drafting, analyzing and reviewing applications and disclosures. Her other experience includes:
- Assisting attorneys in various stages of the patent prosecution process.
- Performing legal research.
- Preparing overview drawings.
- Interpreting patent claim constructions.
- Providing domestic patent prosecution matters for clients.
Gerlida has a solid understanding of the full lifecycle of patents, which allows her to provide the most efficient business to her clients. She previously worked at Apple as a patent litigation intern, Qualcomm as a patent engineer and completed a short assignment as a patent examiner in the USPTO Patent Training Academy.
This Quarles & Brady professional is not a licensed attorney.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Black Entertainment and Sports Law Association (BESLA), member
- SULC Intellectual Property Law Association (IPLA), member
- SULC Patent Law Society (PLS), member
- SULC Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF), member
- National Bar Association: Intellectual Property Law Section, member
- American Bar Association: Intellectual Property Law; International Law, member
- Southern University Law Center (J.D., 2022)
- Louisiana State University (B.S.)
- Computer Science