California-focused labor and employment counsel
Heather Davis represents California employers on all aspects of labor and employment law, including single-plaintiff lawsuits, class and representative actions. She also counsels employers on day-to-day employment matters and legal developments in labor laws and regulations. Heather has defended clients on matters such as:
- Wage and hour violations
- Wrongful termination
Before joining the firm, Heather specialized in employment law litigation, business litigation and intellectual property litigation.
Experience in Action
- Defends employers of all sizes in employment litigation, including claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and whistleblowing.
- Represents employers in wage and hour class actions and representative actions brought under California wage laws and the California Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA).
- Represents clients in administrative claims and investigations before the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Advises employers and human resource representatives on all aspects of the employment relationship, including employment agreements, disciplinary action, termination, accommodation, leaves of absence, and wage and hour compliance.
- Prepares and reviews employment policies and procedures, as well as contracts, agreements and handbooks.
- Successfully defended claims of disability discrimination and retaliation brought against higher education institution in arbitration.
- Obtained favorable judgment for charter schools and recovered attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration. Negotiated numerous favorable settlement agreements.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Law clerk, United States Attorney’s Office and for the District Attorney’s Office in Los Angeles and San Diego (2014, 2015)
News & Insights
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- University of Southern California (B.A., 2012)
- Political Science, Art History
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California