Patent support for mechanical-related inventions
Ian Park provides assistance with the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, especially mechanical-related inventions. His experience as a research scientist includes simulations, manufacturing, technical writing, oral presentations at international conferences and project management.
As an undergraduate studying aerospace engineering, Ian worked on the development of a control apparatus for an autonomous GPS-guided rocket payload recovery system. Throughout his graduate studies in mechanical engineering, he conducted research on biofluids and hemodynamics for pediatric heart disease, artificial muscle and soft robotics development using electroactive polymers, and deployable and morphing structures.
Ian has authored scientific articles and grant submissions and has been an invited session chair for international conferences and a peer reviewer for scientific journals.
News & Insights
- Article"Soft and printable electrodes for flexible elastomer actuators"SPIE. 2020.
- Article"Optimization of helical dielectric elastomer actuator with additive manufacturing"SPIE. 2018
- Article"Numerical analysis of helical dielectric elastomer actuator"SPIE 2017
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Ph.D., 2019)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Thesis title: Large Deformable Soft Actuators Using Dielectric Elastomer and Origami-Inspired Structures
- Chinese - Mandarin (Limited Working Proficiency)