Commercial counsel in a wide spectrum of matters
Jason Avelar is a commercial litigation attorney who has extensive experience in every phase of litigation, with an emphasis on practicing in federal court. He represents businesses in a wide spectrum of matters that include:
- Contract disputes
- Unfair competition
- Product liability
- Consumer warranty
- Premises liability
Before joining Quarles, Jason served as a judicial law clerk in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. Prior to his career as an attorney, Jason served in the United States Marine Corps.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment as to all causes of action in an unfair competition and consumer warranty matter on behalf of a major automotive manufacturer.
- Favorably resolved dozens of lawsuits and prelitigation claims nationwide brought pursuant to various consumer protection statutes.
- Assisted a variety of clients in responding to Arizona Attorney General consumer complaints.
Professional & Civic Activities
- DRI Young Lawyers National Steering Committee Member
- Vice President of Legal Education, Federal Bar Association San Diego Chapter (2020-2021)
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- University of California at San Diego (B.A., 2013)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, All Districts of California