Practical, solutions-based transactional and corporate counsel
Jeremy Wodajo provides comprehensive transactional guidance on business law, public finance and real estate matters. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and other commercial transactions, including real estate and commercial loan transactions, corporate governance, insurance regulation and general corporate counseling. Jeremy’s practice also includes health care transactions and public finance transactions as borrower's counsel. He provides these services while also serving as outside general counsel to companies ranging from early-stage startups to large privately held companies.
As part of the firm's multidisciplinary Tax Credit team, Jeremy represents investors, developers, syndicators and other stakeholders in tax credit transactions, which includes experience reviewing and negotiating the loan/capitalization documents for these transactions.
Experience in Action
- Represents buyers and sellers (both U.S. and non-U.S.) in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, internal reorganizations, joint ventures and other strategic alliances in a variety of industries.
- Represents companies and their investors in a wide range of complex transactions, including private equity, venture capital and growth equity.
- Assists privately held companies with real estate acquisitions and dispositions, including representing a broad range of owners and investors in buying and selling real estate and real estate-related interests.
- Assists both lenders and borrowers in documenting financing transactions of various types and sizes, including secured single-lender and syndicated loans, revolving lines of credit and construction loans.
- Counsels on insurance company M&A, including due diligence, Form A filings and regulatory relations.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented global private investment firm in $150 million strategic acquisition of portfolio company (equity purchase).
- Served as U.S. counsel to a foreign-based facility services company in its strategic acquisitions of several U.S.-based businesses.
- Represented privately held company in $36 million strategic acquisition of storage services company (asset purchase).
- Served as counsel for nonprofit hospitals and health systems in affiliation transactions resulting in a new sole member.
- Represented private equity client in $500 million divestiture of portfolio company in medical device packaging industry (equity sale).
Real Estate Transactions
- Represented seller in $200 million sale of natural gas-generation power plant facility.
- Represented investment portfolio company in $200 million private investment in a state-of-the-art electric generating project.
- Represented company in convenience store industry in $45 million strategic asset sale, including the sale of over 25 commercial properties across the Midwest.
- Represented real estate investment sponsor in multi-million-dollar private placement in connection with industrial development.
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2023, 2024: Mergers and Acquisitions Law)
- In Business magazine "40 Under 40" (2022)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Downtown Madison Inc., member (2018-present)
- Madison Area Community Land Trust, board of directors (2019-2021)
- Maydm, board of directors (2020-present)
News & Insights
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2017)
- Wisconsin International Law Journal (Senior Business Editor)
- MillerCoors (Summer Law Clerk, 2015)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2011)
- School of Journalism & Mass Communication