Labor and employment counsel for variety of matters
Jillian Stanley advises employers on litigation avoidance and provides counseling on workplace law matters. She represents employers in a variety of labor and employment litigation, and provides counseling on litigation avoidance. She advocates for employers on a variety of matters, including:
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour issues in the single plaintiff and class action context
Prior to her legal career, Jillian worked in the hospitality industry. She brings a service mindset to her legal practice in order to help clients meet their legal obligations while balancing business objectives. She works to help clients find practical and innovative solutions to common challenges and ways to leverage litigation to an employer’s advantage.
Experience in Action
- Defends employers against charges of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour violations.
- Litigates single plaintiff, PAGA and class action employment cases, representing employers in state and federal courts, arbitration and administrative agencies.
- Counsels employers on all aspects of their employment practices, agreements, handbooks and compliance obligations, including employment agreements, disciplinary action, termination, accommodation, leaves of absence, and wage and hour compliance.
- Prepares and reviews employment policies and procedures.
- Obtained summary judgment in a wrongful termination and disability discrimination case against a non-profit employer.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of a single plaintiff’s claims for discrimination under the Fair Housing Act and Civil Rights Act.
- Authored investigative report of sexual harassment allegation as independent counsel for non-profit employer.
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., 2018)
- George Washington University (B.A., cum laude, 2012)
- Major: Philosophy, Minor: English
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California