Practical problem solving, preventing unfair competition
John Remington brings a commonsense approach to litigation and litigation assessment, appreciating the human elements and the legal complexities. He has experience representing:
- Health care providers
- Financial institutions
- Broad base of clients that utilize non-competition agreements
John has the depth of experience to evaluate options and devise creative solutions in response to a broad array of legal challenges, including unfair competition and non-competition issues.
Experience in Action
- Representing employers and employees in contested restraining order and injunction cases involving covenants not to compete and trade secret claims in a variety of industries, including metallurgy, financial advising, farm feed additives, school supplies, temporary staffing, cheesemaking and packaging.
- Guiding financial institutions on best practices and defending against affirmative consumer claims.
- Advising hospital system regarding the full range of litigation-related inquiries on a modified secondment basis.
- Successfully argued against entry of a restraining order in federal court and obtained complete dismissal of claims for alleged trade secret theft and violations of non-competition agreements in the District Court of Kansas.
- Efficiently reviewed and drafted restrictive covenants in every state for client with a national sales team.
- Drafted successful appellate brief that led to a published decision defining admissibility of business records in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" (2009, 2017: Business Litigation)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2015)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Rowing Club, member
- University of Wisconsin National "W" Club, member
News & Insights
- WebinarQuarles & Brady Webinar
- News Release
- News Release
- Presentation"Hot Topics in Defensive, Mortgage-Related Litigation"Webinar - Quarles & Brady LLP
- Pro Bono
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Washington University Law Review, senior executive editor
- Honorable Molly GaleWyrick, Polk County Circuit Court (Balsam Lake, WI), law intern
- Honorable Michael Reagan, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois (East Saint Louis, IL), law intern
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., with comprehensive honors, 2002)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2007