Practical solutions to navigate domestic and foreign data privacy laws and regulations
Prior to joining the firm, Justin was an associate at a multinational firm and spent over a year on secondment to an international information technology services and consulting company in its global compliance office, overseeing and maturing the organization’s data privacy office.
Justin understands the business needs of clients and how they can operate within data privacy regimes.
He works with clients to advance their goals within any applicable data privacy and security requirements.
Justin is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Experience in Action
- Advises clients on discrete areas of privacy, from domestic financial sector proposals to likelihood of enforcement and areas of focus under foreign regulations.
- Works with clients to help mature their privacy programs through all stages of development, including implementing third-party vendor SaaS privacy platforms.
- Provides data privacy due diligence for both prospective M&A transactions and vendor agreements where personal information collection exists.
- Advises clients on issues related to the movement of data across international borders to allow businesses to operate freely and with confidence.
- Guides clients through risk assessments related to data collection practices within various state, national and international regulatory frameworks.
- Provides counsel for all stages of breach response, from initial incident reporting and plan mapping through any related litigation or regulatory investigations.
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Certificate in Technology Commercialization
- Journal on Terrorism and Security Analysis – Assistant Editor
- University of Florida (M.A., 2007)
- Political Science with Certificate in Political Consulting
- Syracuse University (B.A., 2005)
- History, Political Science, History of Architecture
- Division 1 Men's Rowing, 4-year scholarship athlete
- New York