Engaging, creative health and data privacy counsel to health care providers
Kaitlyn Fydenkevez uses her prior government experience to provide forward-thinking counsel to health care entities and providers of all kinds. She focuses on corporate privacy and security programs, assisting clients in protecting various categories of data, including employee, patient and consumer. She advises her clients on compliance with state and federal health care privacy laws, as well as state, federal, and international non-health specific data privacy and security issues.
Kaitlyn also specializes in contract drafting and negotiation and has significant experience reviewing HIPAA-compliant Business Associate Agreements, privacy and security agreements, and general confidentiality and data privacy and security-focused language.
Prior to joining the firm, Kaitlyn spent time in both the Office of Counsel to the Inspector General (OCIG) and the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). With her broad range of government health care experience, she helps her clients manage today's challenges while also balancing a focus on future growth.
Experience in Action
- Creates data privacy and security compliance programs for entities of all sizes, including developing policies and procedures, preparing workforce training and developing security reminders for compliance within evolving federal and state laws.
- Develops responses to security incidents and breaches through all stages, including investigation, incident response and notifications to affected individuals and state and federal government and regulators.
- Advises clients on matters related to mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence review of entity privacy and security programs to determine compliance with the HIPAA, HITECH, Part 2, CCPA and other state laws governing health information.
- Prepares and negotiates HIPAA-compliant business associate agreements.
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, young lawyer representative
- UConn Werth Institute, undergraduate student mentor
Eastern Panhandle Empowerment Center, volunteer
News & Insights
- Presentation"Pharmacy Law Update"2023 Arizona Pharmacy Association (AzPA) Spring Clinical Conference
- PresentationRhode Island: Summary of Fraud and Abuse Statutes and RegulationsAmerican Health Law Association
- News Release
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- University of Connecticut (B.A., 2012)
- District of Columbia