Thoughtful patent strategy to drive business results
Kathy Lobel-Rice focuses on U.S. and foreign patent prosecution, patent portfolio management, freedom-to-operate assessments, non-infringement and invalidity assessments, licensing agreements and due diligence reviews. A scientist herself, she loves sinking her teeth into new problems, especially in the fields of biotechnology and chemical arts. Kathy is experienced at managing overall patent portfolios for major corporations.
Kathy knows that not all patents are created equal. Good patents take thoughtfulness and ingenuity to prosecute so complex innovations can be clearly understood in any court of law. Procuring, protecting, fortifying and monetizing intellectual property, Kathy works with her clients to deeply understand their work and its potential and then strategize successful business outcomes. Clients credit her with bringing a refreshing long view to developing new business strategies based on their IP.
- IAM Patent 1000 (2018: Patent)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Colorado BioScience Association
News & Insights
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (Ph.D.)
- Occidental College (A.B.)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office