A leader in real estate finance and commercial lending
Kate Moore advises lenders at all stages of financing transactions from term sheet negotiations and documentation to closing and ongoing advice over the life of the loan. She represents a broad array of clients from some of the largest international banking institutions to life companies to regional and specialty debt funds, and everyone in between. In addition to loan origination transactions, Kate has considerable experience advising clients with respect to troubled assets and handling all aspects of transactional workouts and debt restructuring. Her recent experience has involved:
- Construction loans of virtually all asset types, including hospitality, office, multifamily, industrial, mixed-use, build-to-rent, student housing and affordable/workforce housing
- Homebuilder acquisition and development and vertical construction loans
- Health care real estate, including medical office, ambulatory care and senior/assisted living
- Dealer finance
- Financed ground leases
- Bridge and mezzanine loans
- EB-5 debt
- Forbearance arrangements and "deed-in-lieu" transactions
Kate brings a deep interest in the business objectives and strategies of her clients, as well as extensive knowledge of both the real estate and construction industries, to the advice she provides to clients.
Kate serves as the national chair of the firm's Financial Services industry team.
Experience in Action
- Negotiating complex construction financing arrangements, including ground lease financing, EB-5 debt and note-on-note transactions.
- Advising owners, developers and investors regarding real estate financing, acquisition/disposition and development matters.
- Representing lenders in workout and restructuring scenarios, disposition of troubled assets and advising as to enforcement strategies.
- Represented lead agent in syndicated $90 million construction loan for ambulatory health care facility in Florida.
- Represented lead agent in syndicated $60 million branded hotel construction loan in North Carolina.
- Represented lead agent in $40 million construction loan for affordable multifamily housing project in Massachusetts.
- Represented construction lender on $40 million construction loan, secured by GPLET real property and improvements in Arizona.
- Represented lead agent in the pre- and post-bankruptcy restructuring of $200 million-plus syndicated real estate loan, secured by real property in Nevada and Minnesota.
- Represented national bank in connection with the disposition of over 60 bank-owned properties across the U.S.
- Represented developer in structuring financing arrangements for state-of-the-art urban living, mixed-use development.
- Ongoing representation of regional REITs and debt funds, handling over $100 million in bridge loan transactions each year.
News & Insights
- News Release
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2006)
- Miami University (B.A., cum laude, 2003)
- Majors: Political Science, Spanish/Latin American Studies
- Phi Beta Kappa