Practical, engaging health care regulatory and transactional counsel
Katie Lavigne assists clients with a diverse range of regulatory issues and transactional matters. She offers practical legal counsel to clients on a wide range of pharmacy regulatory issues such as controlled substances and state licensure compliance. Katie's work also involves advising pharmacy benefit manager, insurance carrier and third-party administrator clients to understand an ever-changing regulatory landscape with multifaceted implications across business segments. She has experience with credit card compliance, program audits, federal and state health care laws and regulations, and Medicare Part D pharmacy benefits.
Prior to joining Quarles, Katie worked for a PBM and a global health care services company. Her previous business experience and acumen allows her to bring a unique perspective to her legal work when advising clients.
Experience in Action
- Advises on licensure, distribution and regulatory implications for pharmacies, specialty pharmacies and pharmacists.
- Provides ongoing compliance and operational support to pharmacy benefit managers, enabling them to manage prescription drug benefits more effectively.
- Assists in guiding drug and device manufacturers in obtaining and maintaining the appropriate licensure across all 50 states.
- Responds to regulatory inquiries from state departments of insurance and pharmacy boards.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Minnesota State Bar Association, member
- Ramsey County Bar Association, member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, member
News & Insights
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2020)
- University of St. Thomas (B.A., magna cum laude, 2010)