Collaborative and experienced health care licensing and regulatory compliance counsel
Laura MacDonald advises healthcare clients on various licensing, regulatory and compliance issues. She has extensive experience in the complex requirements related to various transactions, including changes of ownership, reorganizations and expansions. Her experience includes:
- Health care transactions
- Regulatory compliance
- Pharmaceutical industry matters, including Federal and State permit and licensure issues and DEA Requirements for controlled substance distribution and prescription dispensing.
- Change of ownership (CHOW) and regulatory requirements for health care transactions.
Laura uses a meticulous and personable approach to provide comprehensive and strategic counsel to her clients based on their unique business needs and priorities.
Experience in Action
- Representing pharmacies, wholesale distributors, DME suppliers and manufacturers in drafting and submission of required notices and applications to boards of pharmacy, DEA and other governmental regulators due to change of ownership (CHOW), restructuring, reorganization, change of location or change of name.
- Providing advice, counsel and representation to pharmacies, pharmacists, wholesale distributors, manufacturers and behavioral health providers in disciplinary and regulatory matters pending before boards of pharmacy, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and other governmental agencies across the country.
- Advising on complex licensing requirements and issues associated with health care transactions.
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2024: Health Care Law)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Graceland West Community Association, council member
- Illinois Judges Foundation Lawyers Auxiliary Committee, member
- Chicago Bar Association, member
- Illinois Bar Association, member
- American Bar Association, member
- Personal PAC
- American Health Law Association, member
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys, member
News & Insights
- News Release
- Presentation"Trends in State Licensing and Medicare & Medicaid Enrollment"Quarles & Brady's Pharmacy Law Symposium
- News Release
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- University of Miami Law Review (Executive Editor)
- University of Miami Moot Court Board
- Miami Scholars Scholarship
- Carthage College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2006)
- All-college honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana