Lora is a skilled litigator with experience spanning various legal disciplines. While she focuses her practice on product liability defense, she also devotes a significant portion of her practice to indemnification and insurance coverage claims and litigation. Lora’s technical background, including a hard science degree and admission to the USPTO patent bar, makes her adept at understanding the construction and functionality of client products, as well as enabling her to effectively represent clients across myriad industries and product lines.
Lora leverages her wide-ranging technical and legal background to provide holistic, winning solutions and to provide maximum value to her clients. Lora’s goal is not simply to resolve her client’s disputes, but also to identify and address the underlying causes, thus reducing client legal exposure over time.
Experience in Action
- Represents companies and individuals in all aspects of state and federal civil litigation, from initial claims through trial and appeal, with an emphasis on in-depth legal analysis and legal briefing.
- Defends national and international manufacturers, distributors, and rental companies in the automotive, consumer product, medical device, and construction industries.
- Consults and advises clients on commercial risk avoidance, by both identifying and strategically pursuing risk shifting opportunities in litigation and proactively advising and implementing strategies to lower legal exposure over time.
- Collaborates with clients to construct pre-litigation dispute resolution strategies and vigorously pursues early and efficient settlement of matters wherever possible.
- Represents insureds and insurance companies in coverage disputes involving various policy lines including, liability, commercial auto and employment practices liability.
- Successfully defended medical device manufactures, including obtaining multiple summary judgment dismissals and numerous successful settlements.
- Defended national equipment rental company against wrongful death and significant injury claims
- Obtained successful reversal of Wisconsin Appellate Court decision by the Wisconsin Supreme Court in a commercial lease dispute.
- Negotiated successful settlement in multi-party construction defect litigation.
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2019, 2020, 2021
Professional & Civic Activities
- Wisconsin Bar Association, member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, member
- Soles for Catholic Education Walk, chair, 2019, 2020
News & Insights
- News Release
- Article"Technology: Common Gaps in Business Insurance Coverage – and What to Do About it"Wisconsin Lawyer
- Presentation"A Deep Dive into Indemnification"Association for Corporate Counsel-Wisconsin Regional Conference 2019
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Marquette Law Review, note and comment editor
- Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review, senior staff
- Legal Extern to the Honorable Rudolf T. Randa, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.S., 2007)
- Degrees: Biology (Biocore-Honors Biology Program) and Legal Studies
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado