Strategic and tactical commercial contracting guidance
With over 25 years of in-house experience with Fortune 500 companies, Lowell Blackham supports contracting needs with an in-house sensibility. His experience includes negotiating all types of commercial agreements, including:
- Professional and corporate services (corporate benefit agreements, consulting, professional services, purchase and sale documents, distribution agreements, leases, equipment procurement, aircraft agreements, business process outsourcing, JV, M&A)
- Capital projects (design, construction, construction management)
- Logistics (truck, rail, ocean, warehouse)
- Energy (electricity, natural gas, fuel oil/coal, solar, steam)
- Information technology (software licenses, SaaS, telecommunications)
- Field services (consulting engineering services, full-time on-site maintenance and operation)
- Raw materials
Before joining Quarles, Lowell drafted and negotiated contracts for operations, contracts and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, EU, Poland, Russia and Saudi Arabia. An issue spotter and problem solver, Lowell also provided day-to-day legal support to operations worldwide. Lowell brings regulatory and administrative law experience in the energy and transportation arenas.
Admitted in Wisconsin, Tennessee and Nebraska
Experience in Action
- Assists with complex commercial transactions and transactions that need to be finalized expeditiously while still protecting the client’s needs. Lowell provides strategic contracting and purchase and procurement policy support on an as-needed basis.
- Successfully negotiated a five-year, $13 million/year BPO and robotics agreement with outsourced services being performed in five countries.
- Recently drafted and negotiated a $9 million joint venture agreement in the food industry.
- Drafted and negotiated design and construction contracts for $135 million greenfield facility in Brazil.
- Negotiated 20-year steam supply agreement with a contract life value of $450 million.
- Handles ocean and rail contracts, and resulting disputes and issues, for multiple clients.
News & Insights
- Creighton University School of Law (J.D., 1992)
- Brigham Young University (B.S., 1988)