Patent support across chemical, materials and life sciences
Lu Liu draws from her technical background in chemistry to assist clients with a variety of intellectual property matters, including drafting and prosecution of patent applications and conducting freedom-to-operate, patentability and due diligence analyses. Lu assists clients on several technologies, including:
- Polymer and materials science, such as polyolefins, adhesives, wire and cable coating materials and nanomaterials
- Chemicals and pharmaceuticals, such as small-molecule therapeutics, catalysts, antibiotics and bioactive materials
Lu conducted doctoral research regarding the development of novel synthetic methods for fluorinated amine stereotriads and new synthetic methods for light-initiated nitrogen-centered radical addition to allenes. She is an author of research and review articles in multiple peer-reviewed journals, including Chemical Reviews, Organic Letters, Chemistry – A European Journal and Crystal Growth & Design. Lu also co-authored a book chapter regarding allene aziridination.
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Chemical Society, Member
News & Insights
- Article"Regioselective Intramolecular Allene Amidation Enabled by an EDA Complex"Chem. Eur. J. 2020. In press. pp 231-283.
- Article"Mechanistic Aspects and Synthetic Applications of Radical Additions to Allenes"Chem. Rev. 2019, 119, 12422.
- Article“Allene Aziridination as a Tool for the Synthesis of Complex Amines”Academic Press, 2018; pp 231-283.
- Article"An Enantiotropic Disorder–Partial Order Solid-state Transformation in a Molecular Solid Involving a Phase with Z’=12"Cryst. Growth Des. 2017, 17, 5984.
- Article"Fluorinated Amine Stereotriads via Allene Amination"Org. Lett. 2017, 19, 3239.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (Ph.D., 2019)
- Ph.D. Philosophy, Chemistry (Organic Division)
- Thesis title: "Part I: fluorinated amine stereotriads via allene amination and Part II: visible-light-assisted intramolecular amidation of allenes"
- Goering Organic Chemistry Award
- Northern State University (B.A. and B.S., 2014)
- Majors: Chemistry; English Language and Literature
- Undergraduate Research Grants
- Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (B.A.)
- Major in English Translation and Interpretation
- Minor in French
- French (Working proficiency)