Guidance on commercial litigation and energy regulation
Mackenzie O’Connell focuses on commercial litigation and energy matters, representing a variety of clients before the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin and state and federal courts.
While in law school, Mackenzie interned in-house with a large investor-owned utility, where she developed the transactional side of her practice. She continues to produce franchise agreements for municipality energy needs on behalf of utilities.
Experience in Action
- Represents public utility clients in rate cases, buy/sell dockets and other applications before the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW).
- Represents commercial clients at every stage of litigation, with experience in pleading, discovery motion practice, briefing and trial preparation.
- Produces franchise agreements for municipality energy needs on behalf of utilities.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2023)
- Barbra W. Makar Writing Award
- Best Performance in a Class: Constitutional Law
- Journal of Law and Public Policy, general editor
- University of Florida (B.A., 2019)
- Major: Political Science, Minors: Disabilities in Society, English
- Florida Cicerone