A trusted transactional and business counsel advisor
Martin Zivitz guides publicly and privately held companies of all sizes on a broad range of business law issues, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, commercial transactions, private equity and other complex transactions. He also advises on the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act governing federal premerger notification and helps clients obtain federal antitrust approval of M&A transactions. He represents companies in many industries, including:
- Health care
- Skilled nursing
- Technology energy
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Financial services
Martin is also a member of Quarles’ Franchise & Distribution industry team, with experience assisting franchisors in M&A transactions and representing manufacturers, retailers, sales representatives and distributors in distribution agreements, sales representative agreements and other complex commercial agreements.
Martin’s experience as a former vice president and general counsel for a medical management company helps him understands the multiple challenges his clients face. With experience closing transactions ranging from millions to hundreds of millions of dollars in value, he knows the importance of a practical legal strategy that always is grounded in the company’s overall business objectives.
Experience in Action
- Structures, negotiates and closes deals. Clients turn to Martin to serve as a trusted advisor for a wide range of mergers, acquisitions and other strategic transactions, ensuring their strategic and business objectives are achieved in a timely manner.
- Provides cost efficient outside general counsel services to privately held businesses across a wide variety of sectors.
- Delivers specialized ancillary corporate services. Not just a generalist deal lawyer, Martin also helps navigate specialized and nuanced corporate challenges, including obtaining federal antitrust approval of M&A transactions and preparing, negotiating and issuing third-party legal opinions.
- Represented a Fortune 500 financial services company in the sale of a $600 million mortgage loan pool to Wall Street financial services companies and investors.
- Lead counsel to a cloud-based donor management services company in its $100 million sale to a growth equity firm.
- Lead counsel to a private equity backed aluminum extrusion business in its $77 million cross-border sale to a Canadian strategic acquirer.
- Represented a professional race car driver in his participation in the Indy Racing League Indy Pro Series.
- Indiana Super Lawyers®, Business/Corporate 2009-2015
- Strathmore's Who's Who Registry & Global Network for Outstanding Professionals, 2009-2019
- Metropolitan Who's Who in Law Honors Edition international registry, 2006-2007
- Cambridge Who's Who Registry Among Executives and Professionals, 2008-2009
Professional & Civic Activities
- The Entrepreneurship Institute-Indianapolis Chapter, former advisory board member
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Indiana Chapter, member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, member
- Young Professionals of Central Indiana, member
- Visiting Nurse Service Foundation, Inc., former board member
News & Insights
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2000)
- Indiana University Bloomington (B.A., cum laude, 1997)
- Major: Psychology