Stellar track record of helping clients successfully close complex deals
Mary Kate Hogan provides corporate counsel to a variety of companies, such as family businesses, private equity funds and publicly held companies. She guides her clients on a variety of transactional matters, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General corporate matters
- Commercial contracts
- Internal restructurings
Prior to joining Quarles, Mary Kate served as in-house general counsel for a national print, marketing and logistics provider and a credit card processing company. She uses her deep in-house counsel experience to find practical legal solutions that align with her clients’ business concerns. Clients describe her as indefatigable, level-headed and consistent. Mary Kate seamlessly traverses business concerns and legal issues to help client find the right solution, not just a quick solution—especially when closing a deal.
Experience in Action
- Drafts and negotiates transaction documents, including stock and asset purchase agreements, merger agreements, contribution agreements, escrow agreements and other ancillary documents.
- Manages all aspects of a transaction, including determining transaction structure, performing due diligence and managing due diligence teams, communicating with clients, coordinating with specialists (internal and external, including local counsel in domestic and foreign jurisdictions) and managing closing mechanics.
- As general counsel, led organization through merger process with an international payments and software company to form a global payments and software provider. Post-merger, she advised a global restructure and prepared for potential IPO.
- Created internal M&A process for serial acquirer, leading team of internal specialists through approximately 10 acquisitions a year from the diligence process through closing.
- Missouri In-House Counsel Awards, “Rising Star”, 2020
Professional & Civic Activities
de Tocqueville Society Cabinet of the United Way of Greater St. Louis, women’s segment chair
Women’s Leadership Segment Mentorship Program, United Way of Greater St. Louis, mentor
- Books for Newborns, Inc., board of directors
News & Insights
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- University of Southern California (B.A., summa cum laude, 2010)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York