Deep insight on environmental, real estate and construction issues
Matt Dombroski advises clients on a broad range of environmental compliance and regulatory, real estate, clean energy and construction matters.
Matt’s environmental work includes advising clients on a broad range of federal and state environmental statutes, including those pertaining to brownfield redevelopment and hazardous waste remediation. His real estate experience includes the leasing, acquisition, disposition and development (including construction contracting) of office, manufacturing, retail, health care and other commercial space. Matt’s practice also includes government contracts representation (particularly with respect to transportation and infrastructure projects), solar leasing and advising on regulatory matters pertaining to such contracts.
Admitted in New York and Wisconsin.
Experience in Action
- Counsels on environmental regulatory compliance and environmental issues, including in connection with real estate transactions and corporate dispositions.
- Advises on environmental matters arising under federal and state statutes, including the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as well as state analogues thereto.
- Drafts and negotiates agreements in connection with the leasing, buying, selling and development of commercial real property and advises clients on a broad range of related topics.
- Negotiates design and construction agreements, reviews and drafts procurement contracts and counsels on government contracts representation, particularly with respect to transportation and infrastructure projects.
- Helped a Fortune 500 retailer respond to and resolve a Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management notice of violation and potential administrative hearing concerning alleged pharmaceutical hazardous waste-handling violations.
- Counseled a national discount store chain in an ongoing corporate assessment of environmental compliance with federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations applicable to its thousands of stores across North America.
Real Estate Transactions and Finance
- Advised a Fortune 50 technology company in connection with the leasing, development and build-out of multiple office properties in California, Texas and Washington.
- Guided an international printing company on the real estate and environmental aspects of its acquisition of book manufacturing facilities in multiple states.
- Assisted a Fortune 100 corporation with the real estate and environmental aspects of its acquisition of Medicaid and Medicare Advantage plans in Illinois.
Solar and Clean Energy
- Counseled one of the leading national solar energy providers on regulatory compliance and analysis regarding leased purchased equipment agreements across 37 states throughout the country.
- Advised a leading semiconductor energy efficiency company in connection with environmental compliance relating to interstate hazardous material recycling.
- Best Lawyers in America® (2024: Real Estate Law)
- Chambers USA® (2018-2019: Environmental)
- The Legal 500 US (2020)
News & Insights
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 2005)
- James Kent Scholar
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Columbia Law Review, managing editor
- University of Georgia (M.A., 2003)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (B.S., 1999)
- New York