Deep insight on real estate and environmental compliance issues
Matt Dombroski advises clients on a broad range of real estate and environmental compliance matters. His real estate experience includes the leasing, acquisition, disposition and development of office, manufacturing, retail and other commercial space. On the environmental side, Matt’s work includes representing companies in the clean energy industry on solar leasing matters in connection with state and federal regulatory compliance issues and analysis.
Admitted in New York and Wisconsin.
Experience in Action
- Negotiates design and construction agreements, reviews and drafts procurement contracts and counsels on government contracts representation, particularly with respect to transportation and infrastructure projects.
- Counsels on environmental regulatory compliance and environmental issues in connection with real estate transactions and corporate dispositions.
- Advises on environmental matters arising under federal and state statutes, including the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as well as state analogs thereto.
Real Estate Transactions and Finance
- Advised a Fortune 50 technology company in connection with the leasing and development of multiple office properties in California, Texas and Washington.
- Guided an international printing company on the real estate and environmental aspects of its acquisition of book manufacturing facilities in multiple states.
- Assisted a Fortune 100 corporation with the real estate and environmental aspects of its acquisition of Medicaid and Medicare Advantage plans in Illinois.
Solar and Clean Energy
- Counseled one of the leading national solar energy providers on regulatory compliance and analysis regarding leased purchased equipment agreements across 37 states throughout the country.
- Advised a leading semiconductor energy efficiency company in connection with environmental compliance relating to interstate hazardous material recycling.
- Helped a Fortune 500 retailer respond to and resolve a Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management notice of violation and potential administrative hearing concerning alleged pharmaceutical hazardous waste-handling violations.
- Counseled a national discount store chain in an ongoing corporate assessment of environmental compliance with federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations applicable to its thousands of stores across North America.
- Chambers USA® (2018-2019: Environmental)
- The Legal 500 US (2020)
News & Insights
- Columbia University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- James Kent Scholar
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Managing Editor, Columbia Law Review
- University of Georgia (M.A., 2003)
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point (B.S., 1999)
- New York