Broad-ranging insurance and risk management counsel
Rosie Rosenbaum advises policyholders and insureds who are confronting alleged third-party liability claims, as well as provides strategic counseling on an array of insurance and risk management issues to commercial and nonprofit client-insureds. Her experience includes:
- Representing policyholders and insureds in insurance reimbursement disputes involving third-party liability claims.
- Providing policy language for insureds with manuscripted commercial policies, for captive insurers and risk retention groups.
- Counseling clients on issues such as defense rights on behalf of policyholders and other insureds involved in pending litigation.
Experience in Action
- Provides counsel, consulting and litigation services with respect to interpretation and construction of insurance policy language and coverage disputes, risk management issues, claims handling agreements for complex litigation and insurance regulation and insolvency.
- Furnishes insurance and risk management advice to a variety of health care systems, major corporations, pharmaceutical companies and other entities nationwide on coverage issues arising under liability insurance for general liability, excess, umbrella and hospital policies, as well as professional and directors' and officers' policies, and with respect to fidelity bonds.
- Conducts policy form reviews and comparisons for prospective insureds and assists clients in regulatory and other legal issues arising in the operation of a self-insured loss control and claims management program.
- Represents clients for insurance regulatory and guaranty fund proceedings flowing out of insurance company insolvencies. Rosie helps them navigate the state insurance laws that, rather than the federal bankruptcy code, govern the rights of policyholders, creditors and others when an insurer becomes insolvent.
- Guided policyholders and other insureds named as defendants to alleged mass tort claims or other substantial litigation, so as to maximize their insurance reimbursement.
- Counseled policyholders and other insureds on strategic solutions to address insurance coverage issues, including circumstance-reporting or integrated-occurrence reporting, extended reporting period options, manuscript wording solutions and various other effective ways to manage significant or sensitive claims or exposures.
- Advised insureds on the exercise and vindication of their insurance policy rights, such as where insurers are not fulfilling their duty-to-defend their insureds or are not fulfilling their duty-to-settle claims against their insureds.
- Assisted policyholders in the successful pursuit of claims against the estates of insolvent insurers.
- Selected as an Illinois Leading Lawyer - Leading Lawyers Network (Insurance, Insurance Coverage & Reinsurance)
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Pro Hac Vice admissions in various U.S. courts
News & Insights
- Other Media
- University of Michigan Law School (with honors, 1979)
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (B.A., summa cum laude, 1975)
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- Illinois State Court, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1979