Business immigration support to help create diverse workforces
Praveena Nallainathan focuses on corporate immigration, nationality and consular law. She advises employers and employees on all aspects of U.S. immigration law, including employment and investor non-immigrant visa petitions (H1, L1, E1/E2, E3, O1) and permanent residency strategies and applications (Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Researcher, Multinational Executive/Manager and PERM Labor Certification). She has extensive experience helping clients in a range of industries, including:
- Financial services
- Technology and data sciences
- Energy, oil and gas
- Health care
Drawing on her combination of experience as both in-house and outside counsel for multinational companies, Praveena helps employers build and implement immigration and mobility solutions that are strategic, cost effective and talent centered. She is committed to aligning immigration programs with recruiting and internal mobility strategies so clients can create diverse global workforces. Before joining Quarles, she was global director of diversity, equity and inclusion for an Am Law 100 firm and associate general counsel focused on immigration law for a large international information services company.
Praveena is passionate about pro bono work, regularly representing children in asylum and Special Immigrant Juvenile applications for Kids in Need of Defense. She also has assisted displaced Afghans with humanitarian parole applications and served as a technical lead for the Iraq Human Rights Project.
Admitted in New York. Not admitted in Florida.
Experience in Action
- Helps develop and execute corporate training programs for H-3 and J-1 participants, as well as training and town halls for HR leaders, managers and employees.
- Advises on worksite compliance matters, including E-Verify and I-9 employment verification rules.
- Addresses immigration implications of changing corporate structures, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and internal corporate reorganizations.
- Counsels on program and policy development, best practices, benchmarking and reporting for immigration compliance.
- Chambers USA® "Associate to Watch" (2016: Immigration) Associate to Watch
- The Legal 500 United States (2015, 2016: Immigration)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" (2014-2016: Immigration)
- NYC's Rookie of the Year Award (2001)
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, member
- KIND Pro Bono attorney
- Columbia Social Work Action Lab for Social Justice, advisory board
- American Immigration Lawyers Association Conference in New York City, co-chair
- New York Legal Assistance Group, associate board
- Teach for America and AmeriCorps, volunteer
News & Insights
- Media Mention
- News Release
- Cornell University (B.A.)
- Government & Spanish
- Cornell National Scholar
- Rutgers University (J.D.)
- Eagleton Government Fellow, Rutgers Eagleton Institute of Politics
- Columbia University in the City of New York (M.S.W.)
- New York
- English (native)
- Spanish (proficient)
- Tamil (basic)