Comprehensive, experienced business tax guidance
Bob Mathers provides trusted tax advice to businesses and business owners with a focus on tax planning and opportunities, as well as tax-ramifications on corporate transactions and individuals’ private wealth. He is recognized nationally for his knowledge in the public accounting, registered investment advisor, insurance and broker dealer industries. Through his multi-jurisdictional practice, Bob represents:
- Closely held businesses and business owners
- Individuals and families seeking to create personalized succession plans, wealth transfer plans and asset protection strategies.
Bob is a certified public accountant, AICPA accredited in business valuation (ABV) and is an AICPA personal financial specialist (PFS). He leverages his prior experience as one of the country’s largest CPA firm’s national tax director and CEO of its wealth management subsidiary to provide business and legal guidance to CPA firms, financial services firms, and the accounting and investment advisory industries. He also has significant manufacturing and distribution industry experience.
Prior his careers in law and public accounting, Bob was an expatriate financial executive working on capital market transactions for a Fortune 100 global company, where he gained substantial international business, tax and legal experience.
- Best Lawyers in America® (2014-2022: Trusts and Estates Law, 2024: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Tax Law)
- Best Lawyers in America® "Lawyer of the Year" (2017, 2020, 2022: Trusts and Estates)
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Vistage, member
- American Academy of Attorney-CPAs, member
- Fox Valley Estate Planning Council, member
- The Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, member
News & Insights
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire (B.B.A., cum laude, 1985)
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota