Experienced, strategic and composed private equity and M&A attorney
Ryan Haas represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies as well as Fortune 500 companies and other privately and publicly held businesses in a variety of transactional matters. He has extensive experience handling transactions with values ranging from under $10 million to in excess of $1 billion and advises on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Leveraged buyouts
- Growth equity investments
- General corporate matters
Praised by clients for his knowledge of the market and excellent legal and business judgment, Ryan excels at both the technical and strategic considerations that go into private equity and M&A transactions. Cool under pressure, Ryan delivers solutions-oriented advice that gets deals done.
Before joining Quarles, Ryan was a partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP in Chicago.
Experience in Action
- Advising on acquisitions and divestitures, including leveraged buyouts, platform acquisitions, add-on acquisitions and company sales.
- Advising private equity firms and their portfolio companies on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
- Advising on general corporate matters, including corporate governance, incentive compensation and dividend recapitalizations.
- Represented private equity sponsors in:
- Executing roll-up strategy and pending sale of commercial equipment repair business.
- Acquisition and subsequent sale of live-cell imaging and analysis manufacturer.
- Acquisitions of series of SaaS-based data analytic and process management software businesses.
- Sale of insurance brokerage firm.
- Acquisition of an outdoor advertising company.
- Acquisition of a health care products manufacturing company.
- Sale of commercial equipment leasing company to public company bank.
- A preferred stock PIPE transaction.
- Acquisition of a leading food inspection and laser coding equipment manufacturer.
- Sale of a leading hydraulic, pneumatic and mobile power components distribution company.
- Acquisition of a leading higher education recruitment and enrollment marketing business.
- Acquisition of a specialty residential property insurance company.
- Represented numerous private equity portfolio companies in add-on acquisitions of behavioral health care companies, including via bankruptcy "363" sales.
- Represented Fortune 500 companies in:
- Acquisition of medical device manufacturer.
- Acquisition of a leading publisher of mathematics programs and curricula.
- Multinational HVAC company's acquisition of air filtration manufacturer.
- Establishment of Middle East-based rotorcraft joint venture.
- Global mining equipment supplier's multiple add-on acquisitions and its eventual sale to multinational conglomerate.
- Rigid packaging supplier sale.
- Represented family office in its acquisition of multisite franchise of casual dining restaurant.
- Recipient of Wisconsin Bar Association awards for highest grades in (1) Business Transactions and (2) Law & Entrepreneurship
Professional & Civic Activities
- Illinois Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
News & Insights
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (M.Acc., 2004)
- Major: Accounting
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.B.A., 2003)
- Major: Accounting