General bankruptcy and creditor’s rights guidance across industries
Sargina Desargones supports a variety of clients in a wide range of industries with general bankruptcy, restructuring and creditors' rights matters.
Sargina is passionate about cultivating client relationships and advocating on behalf of her clients.
During law school, Sargina participated in the American Bar Association’s Diversity Legal Writing Program, the Civil Litigation Clinic, the committee of professional development for the Women’s Law Student Association and was director of business affairs for the ASU Law Diverse Students Coalition. These experiences allowed her to sharpen her legal writing skills, gain high quality experience and mentorship, and work on pro bono cases.
Experience in Action
- Assists creditors' with respective rights in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Assists creditors' and financial institutions with securing rights primarily in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Handles creditors' rights in default and collection matters.
- Represents clients in numerous civil litigation cases resulting in final decisions.
- Registers and enforces creditor claims. In particular, she focuses on creditor claims in Arizona state and federal jurisdictions.
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Bankruptcy Inn of the Court, member (2022-present)
- Maricopa County Bar Association, member (2022-present)
- American Bar Association, member (2022-present)
- Arizona State Bar Association, member (2021-present)
- Arizona State University College of Law (J.D., 2020)
- CALI Award, 14th Amendment
- Trial Advocacy Student Organization, treasurer
- Pedrick Scholar
- Northwestern University (B.S., cum laude, 2017)
- Major: Political Science
- Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society
- SPS Student Advisory Board, president
- Federal District Court, District of Arizona
- Arizona State Court