Deep insight on the spectrum of IP and trademark matters
Paul Savereide provides advice on patent and trademark prosecution, licensing of intellectual property (IP) and resolving IP disputes. With more than 26 years of experience, he negotiates technology transfer, research and development, and licensing agreements, including international research and license agreements. Paul also handles issues such as:
- Patent applications in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical arts in U.S. and foreign patent offices.
- Settlement agreements to help resolve allegations of patent and other intellectual property infringement.
- Standard agreements, including invention assignment, confidentiality and material transfer agreements.
- Patent applications in a wide variety of technologies, including chemical, mechanical and biotechnology in U.S. and foreign patent offices.
Paul recently served as senior associate general counsel in the University of Minnesota's Office of the General Counsel, where his responsibilities included providing advice on patent prosecution, portfolio management and licensing intellectual property to third parties, including university startup companies.
Paul is also a Qualified Rule 114 mediator in the Minnesota state court system.
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), member
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), member
- University of Minnesota (Ph.D.)
- Ph.D., Cell and Developmental Biology
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D.)
- St. Olaf College (B.A.)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of Minnesota