Helping clients with patent applications and assessments
Seth Essendrop prepares and prosecutes domestic and foreign patent applications and assists clients with patentability, infringement and invalidity assessments. He regularly prosecutes patent applications in advanced technologies including artificial intelligence, blockchain applications, autonomous vehicles and cloud-based applications. He works with clients in various industries, and his technical experience includes:
- Mechanical arts
- Computer science
Prior to joining the firm, Seth worked for a large financial institution designing and managing cloud object storage solutions. In his role as a software engineer, he performed application development, evaluations of third party software, designed infrastructure automation solutions to securely deploy storage capacity across multiple datacenters and managed cybersecurity risk.
Admitted in New Jersey. Not admitted in Wisconsin.
Experience in Action
- Prosecutes patent applications and manages foreign patent prosecution. Seth advises clients on matters related to foreign patent protection and helps secure valuable and strategic patent protection across multiple jurisdictions.
- Performs clearance and patentability analysis. Seth works with clients to mitigate infringement risks and advise on the availability of patent protection. He assists in searching and monitoring the prior art for given technologies, advises clients of identified risks and provides counsel on strategies for overcoming or circumventing identified risks.
- Successfully secured patent protection for applications in the U.S., Europe, China, South Korea and other jurisdictions in multiple different technologies spaces, including medical devices, consumer products, athletic wear, industrial control systems and hydraulics.
- Seton Hall Law School (J.D., 2020)
- Seton Hall Law Review, senior editor
- Stevens Institute of Technology (B.E., 2016)
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- United States Military Academy West Point (2013)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office