Helping clients with patent applications and assessments
Seth Essendrop prepares and prosecutes domestic and foreign patent applications and assists clients with patentability, analyses, and infringement and invalidity assessments. Seth’s practice has a particular emphasis on emerging technologies. He regularly advises clients on patent issues in fields such as blockchain technologies, the metaverse and autonomous vehicles. He works with clients in various industries, and his technical experience includes:
- Mechanical arts
- Computer science
Prior to joining the firm, Seth worked for a large financial institution designing internal cloud object storage solutions and conducting third-party cloud storage testing. He gained experience developing standards for managing application security, monitoring, performance optimization, analyzing cost and price modeling, and remediating cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Admitted in New Jersey. Not admitted in Wisconsin.
Experience in Action
- Prosecutes patent applications and manages foreign patent prosecution. Seth advises clients on matters related to foreign patent protection and helps secure valuable and strategic patent protection across multiple jurisdictions.
- Performs clearance and patentability analysis. Seth works with clients to mitigate infringement risks and advise on the availability of patent protection. He assists in searching and monitoring the prior art for given technologies, advises clients of identified risks and provides counsel on strategies for overcoming or circumventing identified risks.
- Successfully secured patent protection for applications in the U.S., Europe, China, South Korea and other jurisdictions in multiple different technologies spaces, including medical devices, consumer products, athletic wear, industrial control systems and hydraulics.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 2020)
- Seton Hall Law Review, Senior Editor
- Stevens Institute of Technology (B.E., 2016)
- United States Military Academy at West Point
- New Jersey