Thoughtful, comprehensive guidance on commercial real estate
Steve Ross advises his clients on complex commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, leasing, financing and corporate formation. He regularly negotiates lease agreements on behalf of landlords and tenants, purchase agreement on behalf of buyers and sellers, and loan documents on behalf of borrowers and lenders with an emphasis on complex commercial construction loans.
Steve values a holistic approach in representing his clients. Whether they are borrowers, lenders, purchasers or sellers, he brings the knowledge he has gained representing both sides to every subsequent representation he undertakes. Steve uses clear and effective communication to ensure his clients have a solid comprehension of the various issues pertinent to each transaction, as a means to successfully navigate the unique pitfalls inherent to any given deal.
During law school, he was involved with Student Legal Relief, a group focused on raising awareness of social and legal issues impacting impoverished communities.
Experience in Action
- Negotiates purchase, leasing and operating agreements, as well as various other instruments related to real estate financing and development on behalf of borrowers and lenders.
- Guides major developers in negotiating the acquisition, financing and disposition of multifamily developments valued in the tens of millions throughout the United States.
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2024: Real Estate Law)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association, member
- Illinois State Bar Association, member
News & Insights
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Pro Bono Notation, awarded for completing in excess of sixty hours of pro bono work during law school
- Member of the Corporate and Business Law Association and the Law Review
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (B.A., 2013)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Top Score in Real Estate Finance, Fall 2014