Intellectual property counsel across industries
Stephen Osseiran advises on intellectual property (IP) law, with a particular focus on IP litigation. He has participated in various patent, trademark and copyright litigations, including patent IPR proceedings and UDRP proceedings. Stephen supports his clients in all aspects of litigation proceedings including discovery, drafting pleadings and motion practice.
His work experience covers clients in various industries, including:
- Plumbing products and water solutions
- Software, including medical software
- Automotive and aviation
- Electrical and optical devices
- Commercial goods
- Signal communications systems
Prior to joining Quarles, Stephen worked at an IP boutique where he gained significant experience in patent prosecution and litigation. Stephen’s prosecution experience is an asset to his litigation skillset and clients as he parlays the lessons he learned as a patent prosecutor into developing litigation strategies and forming legal arguments.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Stephen worked in the automotive industry as a research and development engineer and process engineer for a tier-one global automotive supplier. While working in the automotive industry, he gained experience in automotive systems, materials and manufacturing technologies and methods.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition, 2019
- University of Dayton (B.M.E., 2015)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois