Paralegal support for bankruptcy and litigation matters
Sybil Taylor Aytch has over 20 years of paralegal and case management experience, with a focus on commercial bankruptcy and commercial litigation. She has been extensively involved in both debtor and creditor bankruptcy matters, as well as antitrust, multidistrict and telecommunications litigation. Sybil’s experience includes:
- Electronic document and discovery management and electronic trial preparation employing case management software.
- Extensive trial experience in electronic courtrooms, including utilization of trial technology.
- Serving as lead paralegal on one of largest successful tort litigation-related bankruptcy reorganizations.
- One of less than a dozen paralegals in Arizona with the advanced Registered Paralegal designation
- President, Maricopa County Bar Association Paralegal Division, 2002
- Outstanding Local Leadership Award, National Federation of Paralegal Associations, 2002
- Distinguished Leadership Award, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2003
- Special Recognition Award, Maricopa County Bar Association Paralegal Division, 2006
- Therese A. Cannon Educational Scholarship, International Paralegal Management Association, 2007
- Co-author of 2 paralegal ethics textbooks, 2017, 2018
Professional & Civic Activities
- International Practice Management Association Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee Co-Chair, 2022-Present
- Arizona Supreme Court Commission on Diversity, Equality, and Justice, 2021-present
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2021-present
- Adjunct Professor, Phoenix College (Ethics and Professional Practice, Bankruptcy, Civil Investigations, The Paralegal Profession), 2001-present
- Assistant Professor, Western International University (Civil Procedure and Comparative Law), 2009-2011
- Developed Advanced Technology for Paralegals course, South University
- Advisory Committee, Paralegal Studies Program, Phoenix College, 1995-2000, 2019-present
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Chair, National Federation of Paralegal Associations, 2017-present
- Ethics Board Chair, National Federation of Paralegal Associations, 2007-2010
- American Bar Association Standing Committee on Paralegals Approval Commission, 2004-2008
- Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam Standards Committee, 2001-2007
- E-Courtroom Advisory Board, Phoenix College
News & Insights
- News Release
- News Release
- "The Importance of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity"National Paralegal Reporter
- Concise Guide to Paralegal Ethics (Fifth Edition)Wolters Kluwer
- "Diversity and Inclusion in the Paralegal Profession"National Paralegal Reporter
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Paralegals (Eighth Edition)Wolters Kluwer
- Presentation"Ethical Challenges and Implications: Social Media and Networking"National Federal of Paralegal Associations
- Northern Arizona University (M.Ed.)
- Smith College (B.A.)
- l'Institut d'Études Politiques-Paris (Certificate)
- Certificate: International Law.
- Université de Paris IV-La Sorbonne (Certificate)
- Certificate: French Literature.