Paralegal support for bankruptcy and litigation matters
Sybil Taylor Aytch has over 20 years of paralegal and case management experience, with a focus on commercial bankruptcy and commercial litigation. She has been extensively involved in both debtor and creditor bankruptcy matters, as well as antitrust, multidistrict and information technology litigation. Sybil’s experience includes:
- Electronic document and discovery management and electronic trial preparation employing case management software.
- Extensive trial experience in electronic courtrooms, including utilization of trial technology.
- Serving as lead paralegal on one of largest successful tort litigation-related bankruptcy reorganizations.
Sybil is committed to the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- One of less than a dozen paralegals in Arizona with the advanced Registered Paralegal designation
- Outstanding Local Leadership Award, National Federation of Paralegal Associations (2002)
- Distinguished Leadership Award, Maricopa County Bar Association (2003)
- Special Recognition Award, Maricopa County Bar Association Paralegal Division (2006)
- Therese A. Cannon Educational Scholarship, International Paralegal Management Association (2007)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Arizona Supreme Court Commission on Diversity, Equality, and Justice in the Judiciary (2021-present)
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion chair (2017-present)
- International Practice Management Association, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee co-chair (2022-present)
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion committee (2021-present)
- Phoenix College (Ethics and Professional Practice, Bankruptcy, Civil Investigations, The Paralegal Profession), adjunct professor (2001-present)
- Western International University (Civil Procedure and Comparative Law), assistant professor (2009-2011)
- Developed Advanced Technology for Paralegals course, South University
- Paralegal Studies Program, Phoenix College, advisory committee (2019-present)
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, ethics board chair (2007-2010)
- American Bar Association Standing Committee on Paralegals Approval Commission (2004-2008)
- Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam Standards committee (2001-2007)
- Phoenix College, E-Courtroom advisory board
- President, Maricopa County Bar Association Paralegal Division (2002)
- Co-author of 2 paralegal ethics textbooks (2017, 2018)
News & Insights
- News Release
- News Release
- "The Importance of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity"National Paralegal Reporter
- Concise Guide to Paralegal Ethics (Fifth Edition)Wolters Kluwer
- "Diversity and Inclusion in the Paralegal Profession"National Paralegal Reporter
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Paralegals (Eighth Edition)Wolters Kluwer
- Presentation"Ethical Challenges and Implications: Social Media and Networking"National Federal of Paralegal Associations
- Northern Arizona University (M.Ed.)
- Smith College (B.A.)
- l'Institut d'Études Politiques-Paris (Certificate)
- Certificate: International Law.
- Université de Paris IV-La Sorbonne (Certificate)
- Certificate: French Literature.