All-encompassing IP and patent counsel with engineering experience
Terri Flynn focuses on intellectual property (IP) counsel, including patent prosecution, IP counseling, licensing and corporate transactions. She helps clients obtain U.S. and foreign patent protection in the electrical, electro-mechanical and software fields. Terri also handles matters related to patent infringement and IP asset management such as:
- Developing and exploiting intellectual property, including the review and evaluation of prospective and existing products, competitive IP holdings and related strategic business considerations.
- Performing patent analyses, including the evaluation of infringement, invalidity and patentability, and the preparation of product clearance and related opinions.
- Enforcing patent rights and defending against claims of patent infringement.
- Negotiating and drafting technology licenses and joint product development contracts.
- Drafting and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications.
Clients benefit from Terri’s practical technical experience as an engineer, which included the design of welding automation equipment for Miller Electric Mfg. Co., as well as work on electrical and electro-mechanical devices, factory automation and industrial controllers, analog and digital circuitry, welding and welding automation equipment, and software and embedded systems.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association; Wisconsin Bar Association; American Bar Association; Federal Circuit Bar Association; American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member and Volunteer Tour Guide, Historic Milwaukee, Inc
Adjunct Professor, Patent Law and Patent Prosecution at Marquette University Law School, 2004-present
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1996)
- Phi Beta Kappa. Recipient of CALI award for highest score in Patent Law and International Trade Law.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.S.E.E., 1987)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1998