Patent and intellectual property guidance
Trevor Foster is a registered patent attorney who focuses on intellectual property litigation and intellectual property transactions. He has experience in pre-suit investigation, motion practice and discovery, and has done significant work with respect to various intellectual property licensing disputes and petitions to institute inter partes review (IPR) before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Trevor also has experience drafting and reviewing intellectual property agreements and advising clients of their rights and obligations under intellectual property agreements.
Prior to joining the firm, Trevor was a patent attorney working on multiple complex patent litigation matters in a variety of fields, including the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
Before law school, Trevor worked as an undergraduate researcher and research fellow in a medicinal chemistry research laboratory and a physical chemistry research laboratory, and as an intern toxicologist for a state crime laboratory. In these roles, Trevor gained experience in the synthesis, derivatization and characterization of a variety of organic compounds.
- Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2024: Intellectual Property Law)
News & Insights
- USC Gould School of Law (J.D., 2021)
- Order of the Coif
- Southern California Law Review, senior submissions editor
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law Society, president
- Certificates: Technology and Entrepreneurship Law; Entertainment Law
- Marquette University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2018)
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology; Philosophy with a Concentration in Philosophy of Science and Mind
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office