“Evaluating and Managing Environmental Risk in Business Transactions: What Every Company Needs to Know”
Quarles & Brady LLP, Milwaukee Office 11/19/14 By George J. Marek, Lawrence W. Falbe
This program is complimentary but limited to ACC members, prospective ACC members and guests of the sponsor. Space is limited.
Buying or selling real estate, purchasing or selling a business, leasing a facility, or financing any of the above: business transactions must consider potential liability for environmental conditions. Please join us for a practical session that will help you and your company:
- Get comfortable with the major environmental liability schemes—and defenses
- Understand the variety of environmental issues that can affect a property—and your bottom line
- Understand the various levels of environmental due diligence assessment methods, their legal and practical implications, and choose the right level of due diligence
- Know how to leverage environmental due diligence information to effectively manage risk, and
- Recognize traps for the unwary
You will also get the most current information on the new standards for Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, the increased governmental scrutiny on the risks relating to vapor intrusion, and a more detailed understanding of what it means to have conducted “All Appropriate Inquiry”—and what is required in order to qualify for a Bona Fide Prospective Purchaser defense under CERCLA.
CLE pending approval.