Rachel assists healthcare entities, including hospitals, health systems rural health clinics, and critical access hospitals in navigating a wide variety of regulatory and compliance matters. She also represents pharmacies, including specialty, compounding, mail order, pharmacy wholesalers, and third-party logistics providers (3PL), with nationwide licensing and permitting requirements.
Rachel’s experience includes:
- Analyzing and ensuring compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation (CoPs) for hospitals, critical access hospitals, and rural health clinics
- Advising hospitals on medical staff corrective action issues, peer review, and HCQIA compliance
- Evaluating National Practitioner Databank (NPDB) clinician reporting
- Analyzing requirements for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance
- Establishing Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Advising pharmaceutical clients on nationwide pharmaceutical licensing requirements for resident and non-resident pharmacies, wholesalers, 3PLs, and manufacturers
- Managing multi-state change of ownership (CHOW), change of name, change of officers, and de novo licensing initiatives for pharmaceutical entities.
Outside of her health law practice, Rachel is passionate about reduction of harm in the criminal system. She works extensively with the American Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section establishing comprehensive standards on diversion and alternatives to incarceration, assisting with the drafting and structure to help mitigate and reduce over-incarceration and collateral consequences.
- Health & Life Sciences
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- Bercovici Prize for Excellence in Jurisprudence and Legal Philosophy; Dean's Academic Achievement Award; Best Performance in Civil Procedure I
- Wisconsin Law Review (Senior Articles Editor)
- Luther College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Majors: Political Science and Business Management
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association Diversion Standards Task Force, assistant reporter, member
- American Bar Association, member
- American Health Law Association, member