Rachel Schafer is a member of the firm's Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Rachel focuses her practice on business litigation, including financial institutions litigation, competition law, contract disputes, and other commercial torts. She has experience at all stages of litigation in both state and federal court, including drafting pleadings and motions, arguing at hearings, taking depositions, negotiating at mediations, and preparing cases for trial.
While in law school, Rachel was a notes editor for the Vanderbilt Law Review and a judicial intern for the Honorable Sarah Evans Barker in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
Education and Honors
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2011)
- Vanderbilt Law Review (Notes Editor)
- DePauw University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2008)
- Degree: Communication
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2011