Riya Chaudhari is a Patent Agent in the Intellectual Property Practice Group where she assists IP clients in the preparation and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications and patent searches.
A graduate of Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) with a degree in biomedical engineering, Riya focused her coursework in engineering mechanics, embedded systems, digital signal processing and electronic devices, and developed experience with the FDA approval process for medical devices. She gained research experience through two summer internships, first with the University of Chicago conducting research regarding image reconstruction techniques for projection matrix modeling for limited angle tomography followed by a summer with the Medical College of Wisconsin working on a cancer detection project using MRI.
Education and Honors
- Milwaukee School of Engineering (B.S., with honors, 2018)
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering with a Minor in Psychology
- Senior Design Team Project Manager – Image Analysis of Post-op Total Mesorectal Excision Specimens
Professional and Civic Activities
- Volunteer; Columbia St. Mary’s Women’s Hospital
- Society of Women Engineers